EA SPORTS has announced the release date and some preliminary details for NHL® 13. The perennial award winner will be released in North America on September 11, 2012 and September 14, 2012 throughout Europe.
Along with the release dates, EA has also given some insight into the new features of this year’s model. Here are a few of the key features from the press release:
- True Performance Skating: A “game-changing” revolution for the NHL franchise that will add a physics driven skating system as well as over 1000 new animations. “True Performance Skating authentically replicates the explosiveness, momentum and top end speed displayed by today’s NHL players.”
- EA Sports Hockey I.Q.: With the advancement of EA Sports Hockey I.Q., all the players will now be completely aware of every other player on the ice. This will result in quicker, smarter, and more realistic decision making. No longer will we be reliant upon a goalie who can only react to the puck carrier, or dependent upon players who can only sense people in their immediate area.
EA has also promised to deliver note-worthy features that don’t involve gameplay:
- GM Connected: The ultimate fantasy league with friends. GM Connected takes the franchise’s most popular offline mode, Be a GM, and allows you to play with and against your friends in your own 30-team NHL. Whether you are a hardcore sports gamer or a hockey fan that moonlights as an armchair general manager, the mode offers unrivaled accessibility and depth by allowing players to manage, play or coach on the road to building your team’s legacy. GM’s can also take their experience with them with a mobile companion app, ensuring that they never miss a single moment.
- NHL Moments Live: Rewrite or relive history as you replay some of the most thrilling moments from today’s NHL. NHL 13 evolves the concept introduced by other sports games, introducing each scenario with real-world NHL footage to bring players closer to the intensity of the moment. Moments from the 2011-12 NHL season will ship on disc and new moments from the 2012-13 NHL season will be added as and when available throughout the season.
EA’s NHL franchise is always among the top sports games released every year. With this year’s release, EA has offered a NHL 13 Stanley Cup Collector’s Edition. Here are the details straight from EA:
- Exclusive collectible Stanley Cup® tin featuring an embossed Stanley Cup image
- Two Stanley Cup® Theme Hockey Ultimate Team packs featuring randomized player items from the Western and Eastern Conference Champions
- Gold Jumbo Hockey Ultimate Team Pack (Regular) featuring 24 randomized items, including an exclusive Wayne Gretzky Hockey Ultimate Team Legend and six other rare items
- A CCM Boost Pack featuring the all-new CCM RBZ stick (For use in Be a Pro and EA SPORTS™ Hockey League)
- A 10% discount on a one-time purchase at shop.NHL.com
- A complete copy of NHL 13
Year in and year out EA has produced the best hockey game and quite possibly the best sports game on the market. Their quality has been so great that it basically sent the NHL2k franchise out of business. If the features described so far don’t have you looking forward to this game, here’s an EA rep to hype it up just a little bit more.
Dean Richards, General Manager, NHL, EA SPORTS. “With our feature set in NHL 13, hockey fans and sports gamers have a lot to be excited about as we are again going to deliver major innovations that will change the way you play the game”
It’s not too late to vote for what player will be on the cover of NHL13. Follow this link to cast your vote. VOTE NOW ›